The first ever Trolley Trail Day along the trail route connecting College Park, Riverdale Park and Hyattsville on June 8th, will be an active #free fun-filled day of walking, biking, eating and shopping – here’s the schedule of the day’s events, with more to come!
|WEDNESDAY, JUNE 5th
5:00 p.m. –
|SPECIAL LECTURE KICK OFF EVENT
Join Maryland Milestones (Anacostia Trails Heritage Area) on June 5 at 7pm for a discussion of the history of the streetcar in the DC Metro area and particularly the history of the Washington, Berwyn, and Laurel line. Program is free and is at Maryland Milestones Heritage Center, 4318 Gallatin Street, Hyattsville, MD Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/events/333028850731347/
|SATURDAY, JUNE 8
||ACTIVITIES ALL DAY|
|8:00 a.m.||$10 classes all day at Posh Cycling and Fitness – check out the schedule and REGISTER HERE using the promo code TrolleyDay2019
|8:30 a.m.||Breakfast Ride led by Proteus Bicycles
FREE Beginners YOGA Class followed by Gentle YOGA Class with The Community Yoga, Inc. at the Old Parish House
|9:00 a.m.||College Park parkrun, Acredale Park
Hollywood Farmers Market, Hollywood Shopping Center
|9:30 a.m.||Community Art Making Event with Art Works Now and University ofMaryland graduate students at ArtWorks Now|
|10:00 a.m.||Yoga with Prince George’s County Department of Parks and Recreation|
– 2:00 p.m.
|ACTIVITY CENTER AT HYATTSVILLE JUSTICE CENTER green space (Farragut St) –with music, art, giveaways, and kids activities (Moon Bounce) including a scavenger hunt!|
|10:30 a.m.||Fun Run to Hyattsville starting at Acredale Community Park and led by College Park parkrun|
|11:00 a.m.||Stroll led by Eric Olson – Starting at Berwyn Road (Meet up with trail walkers as we walk south to Hyattsville)
My Dead Aunt’s Books (Hyattsville) event with refreshments and trolley and train books
|12:00 p.m.||Road Ride to USDA research farm led by College Park Bicycles REGISTER HERE
Scavenger Hunt by College Park Arts Exchange or pick up a card at any ACTIVITY CENTER
Second Annual Spring Fest with Pizza Paradiso and Art Works Now (pizza, beer, art, games, music) GET TICKETS HERE.
– 4:00 p.m.
| ACTIVITY CENTERS AT OLD PARISH HOUSE, RIVERDALE PARK STATION, RIVERDALE TOWN CENTER
(music, arts, kids activities including a scavenger hunt, fitness, refreshments, giveaways, and more – See below for details about what’s happening at each activity center)
– 4:00 p.m.
|Introduction to Acupuncture at Smile Herb Shop: Vitality in Summer at Vital Traditions Acupuncture GET TICKETS HERE.|
|4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.|| Eat, Drink, and Stroll – enjoy food, drink and specials* at participating businesses throughout the day/evening, including Fishnet, Milkboy Arthouse, Denizens, DC Taco, Town Center Market, Riviera Tapas, Franklin’s, Streetcar 82 and more!
Check out the free International Festival at Heurich Park
|8:00 p.m.||Local musicians at MilkBoy ArtHouse (more details to come)|
ACTIVITY CENTERS 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
(music, arts, kids activities including a scavenger hunt, fitness, refreshments, giveaways, and more)
Old Parish House (Knox Road, College Park)
- Live music schedule:
- Arts Drop-in with College Park Arts Exchange at Old Parish House
- Free baked goods provided by Gentle Flours at Old Parish House
- College Park Bicycle kids bike safety demo at Old Parish House
- JTCC Junior Tennis Champions Center demo and sign ups at Old Parish House
- History table and walking tours leaving from Old Parish House
- Outdoor mini yoga sessions with Numi Yoga at Old Parish House
- History table with Lakeland Community Heritage Project at Old Parish House
- Samples and coupons with Downtown College Park Merchants Association and Bagel Place of College Park
- Resource table with UMD Community Engagement at Old Parish House
- Resource table with Purple Line Transit Partners at Old Parish House
- Resource table with UMD Infant and Child Studies
- Resource table with Posh Cycling and Fitness at Old Parish House
- Resource table with MOM’s Organic Market – College Park at Old Parish House
Village Green, Riverdale Park Station
- Live music, lawn games, sprinkler, and refreshments at Riverdale Park Station
- 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. Outdoor class with OpenBarre Studios at Bear Square, Riverdale Park Station REGISTER HERE
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. Outdoor boot camp with Gold’s Gym at the Village Green, Riverdale Park Station
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. Outdoor boot camp with Gold’s Gym at the Village Green, Riverdale Park Station
Riverdale Park Town Center
- 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Live Music with Archie Edwards Blues Heritage Foundation
- Arts on a Roll at Riverdale Park Town Center
- History table and tours of Calvert Memorial Park with Riversdale Historical Society at Riverdale Park Town Center
- Free samples with Riviera Tapas at Riverdale Park Town Center
- Healthy drink samples with Zennoa at Riverdale Park Town Center
- Resource table with Law Office of Michael Herman & Associates at Riverdale Park Town Center
- Resource table with Anacostia Trails Heritage Area Inc. at Riverdale Park Town Center
- Resource table with Department of Parks and Recreation at Riverdale Park Town Center
- 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. Town Center Market hosts RAR Brewing (MD) and Atlas Brew Works (DC)
Hyattsville Justice Center (Farragut Street): Note different time: *10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Live Local music, art, giveaways, and kids activities (Moon Bounce) including a scavenger hunt! STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS
AND there are *Specials* at the following participating businesses: POSH Cycling & Fitness Studio, Fishnet, Smile Herb Shop, Jared Urchek: Vital Traditions Acupuncture, Vigilante Coffee Co., Potomac Pizza, Bagels ‘n Grinds, Stripe 3, MilkBoy ArtHouse, Denizens Brewing Co, District Taco Riverdale Park, Rivieras Tapas Bar, Frame Savvy, Yes Organic Market, Franklins Restaurant, Brewery and General Store, Tanglewood Works, Three Little Birds Sewing Co., Cookie Wear Boutique for Men and Women, Streetcar 82 Brewing Co., and Shortcake Bakery
Stay tuned for more details about events at JTCC, Milkboy Arthouse, and activity centers!
For more information:
Check out the Rhode Island Avenue Trolley Trail Website here!
For any questions, please contact Abby Perrotta at
email@example.com or 410-610-2785.