The College Park City – University Partnership is a model community development organization known for the success of its initiatives and collaborations. The Partnership recognizes that the success of the City of College Park and the University of Maryland are linked together. It works in dynamic collaboration to creatively and effectively facilitate cooperative efforts that achieve shared community purposes. The Partnership advances initiatives and policies to make College Park a more thriving, equitable and sustainable community for all.
There are currently two internships available.
INTERNSHIP 1: COVID-19 RELATED COMMUNICATIONS-BASED PROJECTS
The College Park City-University Partnership is seeking an intern to create and implement an effective public information campaign about testing sites and all the information associated with being tested.
- Maintain an up-to-date public list of COVID-19 testing sites in and around College Park
- Create an effective public information campaign for residents’ awareness of testing sites;
- Explain in easy to understand language, how to get tested, whether insurance is needed, reasons to be tested, and other information that residents should know about the availability, logistics, and importance of COVID-19 testing;
- Design engaging and creative multi-platform content that effectively spreads public health and testing information (through weekly e-newsletter, Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, website, etc.;
INTERNSHIP 2: COMMUNICATIONS AND DIGITAL CONTENT DEVELOPMENT
The College Park City-University Partnership is seeking an intern to develop content for initiatives, like the Homeownership Program, and those that support the effort to promote local businesses in College Park and present the City as a great place to live, work, shop, eat, and more.
- Develop and design engaging and creative multi-platform content that promote various initiatives of the Partnership, like the Homeownership Program
- Promote living in College Park through the Partnership’s website/social media by using hashtags, photos, graphics, and other tools.
- Assist with taking photos and promoting events
Qualifications for both internships: Successful applicants will be motivated, organized, detail-oriented, independent, collaborative and creative – people who think no problem or goal is too big or small to work on – and would like to intern at an exciting, fast-paced community development organization. Experience in graphics and web design is highly desirable for this work.
Details: Start date: ASAP. These will take about 5-10 hours per week and interns are paid $12/hour. Independent study and course credit may be able to be arranged.
Please send an email (subject line “Internship” ) with your interest in one of these areas of focus, examples of your work in communications, writing, website design or other relevant work to email@example.com. If you are interested in independent study or course credit, please inquire upon submitting your application.