The College Park City-University Partnership’s Annual Report details accomplishments in the five core strategy areas outlined to achieve the University District Vision 2020 and looks ahead to our work in 2017.
The College Park City-University Partnership is pleased to release our 2016 Annual Report, detailing accomplishments in the five core strategy areas outlined in the University District Vision 2020 – housing and development, transportation, education, public safety and sustainability. Highlights include:
- Administering nearly $400,000 in grant funded projects (example: supporting the new façade at MilkBoy ArtHouse);
- Continued success of our Homeownership Program for City and University employees, stabilizing neighborhoods;
- Launch of the College Park Safety Ambassador program, which has 15 safety ambassadors on staff;
- Opening of Terrapin Row and construction of the Cambria Hotel and Fuse 47 is well underway;
- Ground was broken for a new College Park Academy building in the Discovery District’s research park.
As we look at the important progress made in 2016, we also look ahead to our work in 2017 and beyond. Our work in 2017 will build upon our successes. The Partnership has an ambitious agenda, and there are many initiatives within the five issue areas that we are pursuing. We are collaborating with our partners in the City, University, County, State and community – and look forward to another year implementing the University District Vision to make College Park a top university community.
The College Park City-University Partnership is the nonprofit local development corporation sponsored by the City of College Park and the University of Maryland. The Partnership’s mission is to promote and support the economic welfare of College Park and the University of Maryland through activities including commercial revitalization, community development, and quality housing opportunities consistent with the interests of the City of College Park and the University of Maryland.