The College Park City-University Partnership’s Annual Report details accomplishments in the five core strategy areas outlined to achieve the University District Vision 2020 and looks ahead to our work in 2016 and beyond.
The College Park City-University Partnership is pleased to release our 2015 Annual Report, detailing our accomplishments in the five core strategy areas outlined in the University District Vision 2020 – housing and development, transportation, education, public safety and sustainability. These achievements include:
- The successful launch of the Partnership’s Homeownership Program
- Redevelopment of blighted properties
- Expanded MARC service on the Camden Line
- 88 brighter LED streetlights installed on Baltimore Avenue
- New reflective crosswalks and pedestrian call signals complementing Baltimore Avenue safety initiatives
- Purple Line funded
- Baltimore Avenue Rebuild funded
- Spearheading a pilot public safety ambassador program; securing initial funding
- A successful year at College Park Academy
As we look at the progress made in 2015, we also look ahead to our work in 2016 and beyond. Our work in 2016 will build upon our successes. The Partnership has an ambitious agenda, and there are many initiatives within the five issue areas that we are pursuing. We are collaborating with our partners in the City, University, County, State and community – and look forward to another year implementing the University District Vision to make College Park a top university community.
The College Park City-University Partnership is the nonprofit local development corporation sponsored by the City of College Park and the University of Maryland. CPCUP’s mission is to promote and support the economic welfare of College Park and the University of Maryland through activities including commercial revitalization, community development, and quality housing opportunities consistent with the interests of the City of College Park and the University of Maryland.